Sunday, January 21, 2007

Happy-ness

Isn't it strange how the most insignificant and unimportant events can make you absolutely and completely filled with a joy that so often does not invade our lives these days? The event can be of no eternal or even longterm consequence and may not involve you at all, and yet you cannot help yourself from smiling and even laughing out loud at the top of your lungs. Thats how I feel today about the Colts beating the Patriots, with an interception on the last play to top it off like icing on a beautiful come-back cake. I realize that I'm not even that large of a football fan, and rarely watch games in the regular season- but when my team (Indianapolis) beats the team I have always hated the most in a big game, I'm ecstatic. The Colts are in the superbowl, it doesn't matter, and I feel great. Life's a strange thing. Isn't great when the strangeness takes a turn in your favor?
Bless ya.

No comments: